Historic Price House

Thomas & Ann Price built Price House in 1795. Located along the young nation’s burgeoning road network, Mr. Price ran a store, post office, and tavern for the local community as well as an inn for travelers.  Two-dozen enslaved African Americans worked in these businesses, labored in cotton fields, and lived in quarters not unlike the slave cabin on-site today. Read More >